- Written by David King David King
- Last Updated: 25 October 2016 25 October 2016
- Hits: 4796 4796
Scoutmaster Minute from August 17, 2009
Ten Commandments of Human Relations.
1. Speak to people - there is nothing as nice as a cheerful word of greeting.
2. Smile at people - it takes sixty-five muscles to frown, only fifteen to smile.
3. Call people by name - the sweetest music to anyone's ear is the sound of their own name.
4. Be friendly and helpful - if you would have friends, be friendly.
5. Be cordial - speak and act as if everything that you do is a real pleasure.
6. Be genuinely interested in people - you can like everybody if you try.
7. Be generous with praise - cautious with criticism.
8. Be considerate of the feelings of others - it will be appreciated.
9. Be thoughtful of the opinions of others - there are three sides to a controversy; yours, the other person's, and the right one.
10. Be alert to give service - what counts most in life is what we do for others.